High quality automatic bi-folding gates
High quality automatic bi-folding gates
As with all of our gate systems, TI Security’s automatic, bi-folding speed gates are designed, developed, manufactured and installed to the highest of safety and quality standards.
Our extensive experience in site security and access control has given our engineers the insight required to ensure that our products meet, or can be adapted to, the exact specifications and needs of our valued clients.
Bi-folding gates can represent a more efficient and practical solution for sites that require fast vehicular entry and exit, and a gate system that won’t restrict access on opening. If these aren’t on your list of criteria, you may wish to view our automatic swing gates or sliding gates as possible alternatives, to see which product best meets your requirements.
If you’re unsure about the most appropriate automatic gate system for your site, or would like to book a free survey and no-obligation quote for a bi-folding speed gate, our friendly, knowledgeable team will be happy to help. Just call us on 0113 281 2106 or drop us an email.
Automatic Bi Folding Speed Gate Demonstration Video
Our current YouTube channel features our automatic gates in action. The video below demonstraes our Automatic Bi-folding Speed Gates. If you require any information regarding any of the gates shown in our videos then please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Benefits of bi-folding speed gates
Some industrial and commercial sites may not be compatible with the spatial parameters required for swing or sliding gates, where accommodations must be made for the gates to slide back, or swing open – which even for smaller spans can require quite a lot of free space.
Bi-folding swing gates offer 4 key benefits:
- Ability to cope with sloping sites – because the gate leaf folds in half as it opens, it covers a shallower arc, allowing installation on sites that have an upward gradient that prevents the installation of a swing gate.
- Space-saving – again due to the nature of the folding mechanism, bi-fold gates can be installed where there is less space surrounding the opening; this can prevent blocking access to parking spaces, or even building entrances.
- Faster opening and closing – if you have a higher security requirement, the faster operation time of a bi-folding gate is ideal, as it ensures your site entrance is left open for the shortest possible time. Our gates go from open to secure in 4-10 seconds.
- High traffic levels – our bi-fold gate motors are able to cope with high levels of traffic, so are suitable for very busy sites.
Our bi-fold gates are fitted with a 3 phase motor and inverter and require a regular, single phase electrical supply to operate.
Access control and other optional features
Coming complete with a range of safety features as standard, such as warning lights, emergency ‘stop and retract’, obstruction detection and rubberised safety edges, there are also a range of additional functions and finishes that you can choose from:
- Single or double leaf, with single spans ranging from 2.5m to 8m
- A range of infills including solid, timber, palisade and prison mesh
- Colour matching to keep your site aesthetics ‘on brand’
- Logo and business name – we can finish your gate system with any writing or visual required
- Additional security measures such as razor wire or electric fencing
- Digital keypads, long and short range proximity readers, audio video intercoms and many other access control systems
- Traffic lights and management solutions
- Automatic Number Plate Recognition
- Vehicle induction loops for automatic opening when a car or lorry approaches
Our bi-fold gate systems can be integrated with your fire alarms for automatic override in case of an emergency, and we can also ensure that it fits seamlessly with your existing perimeter fencing – or we can supply a new fence line if you require an upgrade.
In fact, there’s a whole range of site security solutions we can upgrade, design, integrate, install and even maintain if you would like a more comprehensive service – just give us a call on 0113 281 2106 with an outline of your security objectives, and we’ll be happy to offer some bespoke, cost-effective ideas for you.
Folding gate safety and site preparation
With powerful motors controlling the operation of your folding gate, and the high speed nature of the open and close cycle, it’s imperative that products are manufactured and installed according to the latest safety legislation.
All of our electric bi-folding gates comply with BS/EN 12453 and the Machinery Directive 2006/46/EC, and are fitted with numerous safety features as outlined in the section above. We also subject all of our gates to rigorous tests to ensure a high level of protection and all of our products are accompanied by a CE certificate.
When our engineers have finished installing your automated gate system they’ll leave you with an information pack which also includes instructions on how to override the system should it be required, and advice on basic gate maintenance –we can also take care of technical maintenance and servicing on an ongoing basis for you.
Our fully comprehensive service also means that we can undertake all civil and ground works needed prior to installation, so you get a fast, seamless provision that meets and exceeds your expectations.
FREE survey and advice
You can learn more about our automatic bi-folding gates by calling us on 0113 281 2106 our commercial security specialists will help you to decide if this is the most appropriate solution for you, can will be happy to arrange a free site survey and quotation based on your specific requirements.