TI Security Automatic Sliding Gates
TI Security Automatic Sliding Gates
Reliable and robust automatic sliding security gates
Through nearly 5 decades of experience in access control and site security solutions, TI Security has invested the knowledge and insight gained into developing our very own high quality automatic sliding gate products, manufactured in our fabrication facility in Leeds.
We’ve been designing and installing our sliding gate systems for over 10 years, serving blue chip clients across the UK, such as Walkers Snack Foods, Caterpillar UK, Waitrose and Cummins Turbo.
Automatic sliding gates are the ideal access solution for commercial and industrial sites, where a heavy duty, durable and reliable system is required. To speak directly to one of our friendly team about your requirements, call us on 0113 281 2106 – or read on to learn more about our gate features, benefits and functionality.
Types of sliding gates
We offer two different types of automatic sliding gate:
Tracked sliding gates – just as it sounds, this type of gate is fitted with 2 wheels on the bottom. These wheels run smoothly along a track that spans the road opening to be controlled.
However, while the above system is very hardwearing and effective, it is generally only chosen when space is limited and a cantilever sliding gate can’t be installed.
Cantilever sliding gates – these gates slide from the side of the opening, and require no track, but a little more space to operate. With no track installation needed, groundworks are kept to a minimum, so business can carry on as usual while the system is put in place. Another key benefit is that there’s no track to be impacted by the passing of articulated lorries and other heavy vehicles; with no chance of damage over time to an operational component, you have additional peace of mind in regards to reliability.
Sizes and features
A single gate leaf can span from 2 to 10 meters, so a double configuration offers protection to an aperture of up to 20 meters.
All of our automatic sliding gates come with a very high quality sliding gate motor, which is controlled with a programmable logic unit. These 3 phase motors use an inverter, meaning they only require a single phase (230 volt) supply – this provides a 100% duty cycle rate, which is far higher than on other sliding gates, allowing you to operate your gates more frequently, without constant use creating a ‘burn out’ risk.
We offer a variety of gate infills:
- Vertical bar
- 358 prison mesh
- Solid infills
Our sliding gates can be powder coated in line with your company’s brand colours, building or fence line and their large surface areas due to heights of between 1.5 and 3 meters even allow for your logo or business name to be applied, using specially designed laser cut templates.
All gates we supply come with anti-climb spikes as standard.
Automatic gate safety
When it comes to motorised sliding gates, safety is absolutely paramount. When you choose TI Security as your partner, you will receive the highest safety standards possible, with all gates providing the following:
- Compliance with BS/EN 12453 standards
- Compliance with the Machinery Directive 2006/46/EC
- CE marked
- Dual height photocells – if something or someone breaks the beam in the gate opening, the gate will automatically stop and pull back
- Automatic flashing light – this starts just before the gate begins to operate, and switches off when the gate has completely stopped; in some installations we also fit a low volume sounder to indicate the same
- Safety stop button – a special key that allows you to open and close the gate manually from the gate portal tower
We also install a category 3 safety edge system to all of our automatic sliding gate systems: 6 rubber safety edges are installed on the gate, which when compressed due to an obstruction, trigger the system and sends an immediate signal to stop and ‘pull back’ by approximately 200mm, allowing the person or object to be quickly removed and ensure no damage occurs. The configuration of the rubber strips is as follows:
- 1 on the leading edge
- 1 on the rear leading edge
- 4 on the gate portal
With all of these fantastic safety features, any risk of someone being entrapped or drawn into the mechanism is mitigated.
We also provide a handover pack upon the completion of every installation which includes:
- Force test measurements
- CE certificate
- Manual override procedures
- Basic maintenance requirements
- Maintenance and repair records chart
Automatic Sliding Gate Demonstration Videos
The video below exhibits our recent installation at Linpac Packaging. Our sliding gates are all 100% rated so are ideal for busy industrial applications.
The next video showcases our installation at Hesco Bastion. Hesco Bastion enlisted TI security to manufacture and install a substantial and reliable system to protect their premises. We installed automatic gates, turnstiles and access control which can be seen in the video below.
Access control integration
All of our automatic sliding gates will interface with existing access control solutions and systems, or we can design upgrades or new installations if required.
There are a wide range of access control products, security features and optional extras to choose from:
- Automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) – register access-allowed vehicle license plates onto the system for automatic opening upon approach
- Proximity readers – key fobs for users to open the gates by swiping at the reader
- Long range proximity readers – the vehicle has a fob or is fitted with a windscreen transmitter, which will be recognised by the reader from a range of approximately 10 meters, so the gate is opened ready for entry
- Audio/Video intercoms:
- GSM SIM cards – the visitor presses the intercom button and calls the required number, and the staff member can input a code to open the gate
- IP intercoms – these can be interfaced with an internal IP phone system; the visitor presses the button at gate to call an IP handset on the system – this can also include video capabilities
- Traffic lights/traffic management system – determine the priority of entering and exiting vehicles
- Vehicle induction loops – these allow the gates to auto-open on approach and are usually for exiting vehicles
- Fire alarm and evacuation system interface – this overrides the usual operational protocols to ensure a fast, safe exit in the event of a fire
- Battery back-up – this allows the gate to auto-open in the event of a power failure
- Digital keypads with pin code
- Electric fencing
- Radio transmitters
- Razor wire extensions
Maximum service, minimum disruption
Our security experts will work closely with you or your architect to ensure that you get the exact functionality required for your site. We’ll take care of every stage for you, from design, to manufacture and installation – and we even offer competitively priced automatic gate maintenance packages.
We deliver our gates as one complete piece, so if your site is ready for installation, we can have everything done within one working day – a fast and efficient service that ensures minimal disruption to your business. In most circumstances, we can even install your gate system without affecting access on and off your site.
Should you require help with preparing your site for installation, we can also provide all civil works, including:
- Concrete foundations
- Electrical installation
For more information about our automatic sliding gates, or to arrange a free site survey and quotation, please call our team on 0113 281 2106 and we’ll be happy to offer our advice and assistance.