Perimeter Detection Systems
Fence Detection System
Very often the fence around your property will be the first obstacle that a criminal or saboteur will encounter. It’s vital that at this early stage in an attack your security team, alarm or CCTV monitoring centre are alerted.
Fence lines with a Fence Detection System can very often deter an attack in the first place. Where the deterrent affect is not sufficient, making audio speaker challenges using live and pre-recorded messages at the point of activation will warn off most attackers.
How does the Fence Detection System work?
Initially our security consultants will carry out a risk assessment in conjunction with you or your site security manager. We’ll look at the most vulnerable points to determine the most likely entry points and identify the different ways in which entry may be achieved.
The system comprises a sensor wire which can be quickly installed directly on to the fence line using cable ties – or it can be installed into a conduit which is itself fitted to the fence line. The sensor cable has no moving parts and is extremely reliable.
We will install external analysers at intervals along the fence line which will read the vibration in the sensor wire and report back to our control system. All detection parameters are adjustable for optimum performance.
Each section of fence line can be identified according to the analyser location. This information can automatically trigger a pan tilt zoom (PTZ) camera to the specific location, raise an alarm in your security control room or direct a mobile security patrol to the location.
We will assess the natural background vibration level at the fence detection system during commissioning to determine the optimum sensitivity settings. To avoid false alarms some undergrowth maintenance, such as cutting back branches on trees and bushes that are within striking distance of the fence and Fence Detection System. may be required. Our security consultants can provide advice on this matter during a site survey.
Fence Detection System Features:
- Can be fitted to existing fences including Palisade (identified often as a Triton’s spike at the top), chain link, weld mesh systems such as V-Mex, Paladin, 358 prison mesh and other weld mesh systems.
- Has a very high detection rate.
- Can be programmed to detect cutting and climbing.
- Can be networked, scalable and expanded to suit your needs.
- Can be interfaced with third party control systems and integrated security systems.
- The status of all detection zones can be monitored using our specially designed software package or connected to existing intruder alarm systems, remotely monitored CCTV and manned control centres.
- Can be interfaced with CCTV systems to automatically pan, tilt and zoom cameras to alarm activations.
- Includes full event logging of alarm and tamper activations.
- Incorporates tamper detection.
Can be installed in:
- Schools and commercial and industrial applications.
- High security applications.
- Prisons, police stations and criminal justice sites.
- Airfields and airports.