State of the Art IP CCTV from TI Security
IP CCTV sets the new standard in surveillance
Never before has CCTV been so intelligent, so sophisticated, so integrated and so crisp. Those businesses (and home owners) wanting the very best CCTV systems need look no further.
What is IP CCTV?
- IP stands for Internet Protocol but it’s not as scary as it sounds. IP CCTV connects directly to your computer network and uses network cables to transmit its information, unlike analogue CCTV which uses a separate network of coaxial cable.
- Varied – IP cameras range from VGA quality through to 3MP (3 megapixels). To make this easier to understand, the image that you see on a full HD television is approximately 2MP
- Intelligent – IP CCTV cameras can be installed to suit all needs with features like Motion Detect, Virtual Border Detect, Enter and Exit and Tamper Detect, IP CCTV really can be suited to any application.
- Connected – With IP CCTV linking to your computer network, it can be securely viewed from an array of devices anywhere in the world as long as you have a network connection.
Will IP CCTV integrate with my existing CCTV system?
IP CCTV isn’t compatible with analogue CCTV as the technology is completely different – however, there are a couple of options:
- You can leave your existing CCTV system in place and we can install an IP CCTV system alongside your existing system. The disadvantage is that you then have two CCTV systems running which are completely separate. Nevertheless, one of the advantages of IP CCTV is that it’s expandable. Our recording units support up to 64 cameras, so there’s often no need to add an extra recording unit when you want to upgrade: a cost effective solution in the longer term when you wish to add more cameras or replace existing ones.
- The second option is that we remove your existing analogue recording unit entirely and replace it with one of our IP recording units. Your existing analogue cameras can be left in place and each one connected to an encoder which effectively turns each camera into a network camera. These ‘network cameras’ are then viewable alongside your new IP cameras. The only danger is that you’ll see the side by side comparison and will want all of your cameras to be shiny new ones!
Which manufacturers do you use?
- Our manufacturer of choice for IP CCTV systems is Samsung. We find their equipment to be the best on the market in terms of quality, reliability, technology and ease of use. We also find that by offering our clients a premium brand, they feel more reassured that they’re purchasing a quality product.
- If you have a preference for a different brand, that’s absolutely fine. We have a great relationship with a number of manufacturers and are very competitive on price, so we’ll be happy to assist whatever your requirements.