Fire detection systems and alarms, Leeds and across the UK
All commercial, public and multiple-occupancy premises must install ‘fit for purpose’ fire detection systems to ensure that their staff and visitors are protected in case of a fire. TI Security has over 40 years of experience dealing with this essential issue, designing and installing quality systems and updating existing systems to ensure the highest safety standards.
Based in Leeds but working throughout the UK, our qualified technicians offer bespoke guidance and advice, with all of our work 100% guaranteed.
Changes in law have seen the responsibility for the issue of fire certificates shift from the Fire and Rescue Services, into the hands of the designated ‘responsible person’, nominated by the owner or manager of the property in question. We work closely with your representative to identify the most appropriate detection system and preventative measures, with all of our products meeting the latest British and European standards.
Whether you’re looking to upgrade your current system, or require a brand new, tailor-made solution, you can talk to one of our specialist consultants for a no-obligation chat on 0113 281 2106, or email us here with your questions and requirements, and we’ll call you back.
Why choose TI Security for your fire detection and protection services?
When it comes to fire detection systems, you have a legal responsibility to prove that it’s effective and compliant, and that it’s been installed, commissioned and maintained by trained contractors. When you choose TI Security as your professional fire protection partner, you’ll meet this essential criterion, as well as benefiting from:
- Fully accredited
- A national service, allowing the management of multiple sites if necessary hour support and call out service
- Fully qualified advisors, installers and engineers
- Risk assessment service
- Detailed reports
- Bespoke recommendations
- Repairs and alterations to existing fire systems
- Access to every manufacturer – we can source parts quickly and at the best price
- Fast response – we’re on hand 24/7, every day of the year
- Happy to maintain an existing system
- Sophisticated client management system – we’ll let you know when components are due for replacement or servicing
- Consistency guaranteed – we’ll send the same engineer to you every time, so they’re already familiar with your system
- Exceptional levels of technical expertise – even if your system isn’t one of the most common types
- Cost-effective and reliable
- Great customer service values
For fire detection systems and servicing provided by an established, trusted provider, call our friendly and professional team on 0113 281 2106.
Fire detection and prevention – the benefits
Save lives – in the worst case scenario, an undetected or uncontrolled fire can lead to deaths, but a reliable system will hugely reduce that risk.
Protect your property – fire damage to your property or loss of assets through fire can seriously affect your business continuity and profits.
Compliance – an approved system will ensure you’re legally compliant with the latest fire safety laws.
Insurance – providing evidence of a professionally conducted risk assessment and the subsequent installation of compliant fire detection systems and products generally results in reduced insurance costs.
Accuracy – for larger premises, being able to identify exactly where the fire is can prove invaluable.
Integration – your fire safety system can be combined with other alarm and security measures, such as CCTV systems and access control.
Comprehensive protection – you can add all kinds of extras to your fire detection system for ultimate peace of mind, such as emergency lighting products.
Fast response – a monitored system will send out an alert to your local fire service so that they know to attend quickly if a fire should break out.
“What type of fire detection system is right for my business?
A simple fire alarm isn’t enough to protect your business, but the exact components you need to consider will depend on the size and type of premises, and your individual circumstances. Our consultants will ensure that you get the right system for your needs, but the main elements that make up effective fire safety solutions include items such as:
Fire alarms – these come in a variety of styles, with varying capabilities. The main categories are:
- Conventional/basic – your alarm system will be designed to include detectors and call points across different zones or circuits, which correlate to different floors/areas
- Addressable system – similar to the above, but with more sophisticated control panel capabilities for accurate detection via loop and isolation modules, so if a short circuit occurs, it will only shut down the zone it affects
- Analogue or intelligent addressable systems – the immediate environment of each zone is individually assessed by its own computer control unit, reducing false alarms
- Wireless systems – the system communicates via radio rather than cables, reducing the risk of compromised operation should cabling suffer damage
Fire extinguishers – there are several type of extinguisher, designed for different types of fire source:
- Dry powder
- Wet chemical
- Metal fires
Air sampling – these products monitor the air in order to detect other potentially dangerous hazards, such as gas, vapours and dust particles
Emergency lighting – fires or power cuts can lead to your main lighting services being lost. If this happens, your emergency lighting will start to operate, allowing your employees and visitors to evacuate the building quickly and safely
Arrange your free site survey now
If you’re a local business, site manager or designated ‘responsible person’ for your public or private organisation, based in Leeds, or situated anywhere in the UK, please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have regarding fire detection systems, your legal responsibilities or our services.
We’ll be delighted to arrange a time at your convenience to come along and assess your current fire system, or to complete a survey for a newly designed solution.
If you’re happy with your system but are seeking a new provider to take over its management and maintenance, our experts can help, no matter what system you have in place.
Please call us today on 0113 281 2106 for a friendly, no-obligation chat