Remove the need for a Security Guard
TI Security are specialists in creating systems that work specifically for your business. As part of this comprehensive service; we’re able to supply 24-hour monitoring. This removes the need for a full-time security guard onsite.
- Saves money – Monitoring can be installed and run at a fraction of the cost of a full-time security guard.
- Safer for staff – All procedures are managed in our 24-hour monitoring station; therefore staff are removed from potential danger.
- NSI GOLD Approved Receiving Centre – Our Alarm Receiving Centre is accredited to British Standard 5979 Category II and ISO 9000. The centre is also accredited to provide CCTV monitoring to comply with the British Standard BS 8418.
Security Guard VS Monitoring
|Monitor premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security.||Yes||Yes|
|Set security systems and investigate disturbances.||Yes||Yes|
|Authorise entrance/departure of visitors to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.||Yes||Yes|
|Generate reports of activities of staff for fire regulations, presence of unauthorised persons, or unusual occurrences.||Yes||Yes|
|Call emergency services, such as fire or presence of unauthorised persons.||Yes||Yes|
24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
When you leave your property on an evening; you want the reassurance that while you’re not there, everything is still looked after. For many years, manned guarding has been the only way to protect your property out of hours; but this is an extremely costly and inefficient way of dealing with things in today’s world.
A monitored system from TI Security removes the need for a security guard; providing you with coverage at all times.
How does it work?
The system is set up so that it covers vulnerable areas of your site. The system is wired to the clever control equipment; which provides a link to our professional monitoring station.
In an event, one of our monitoring station operatives gets an immediate response; including pre-activation and post-activation footage. This provides the operative with information to make a decision meaning that your key holders and the police will be called if necessary.
What are the disadvantages of having manned security?
- Cost – Manned guarding can be a very expensive
- Manned guards can only be in one place at a time; giving intruders ‘gaps’ to access the site
- Vulnerability – A manned guard is a target for potential intruders
What are the advantages of a monitored system?
- Cost – A monitored system is a cost-effective solution. The only recurring cost after installation is maintenance and monitoring. This is significantly cheaper than having a manned guard.
- Efficient – Always alert, no matter what time of day or night it is.
Can my existing system be monitored?
- Most existing systems can be upgraded to become a monitored system; with the addition of a transmission device which is then linked to our monitoring station.
- One of our surveyors will always attend site prior to any works going ahead and will advise if any of the existing system requires upgrading; to make it suitable for monitoring.
TI Security is approved by all UK police forces. This means that no matter where in the country we carry out our work; our customers can rest safe in the knowledge that police response can be arranged if required.
Having police response can be critical in protecting your property. The police will respond as a matter of urgency to any confirmed activation on a monitored burglar alarm.
The Police will only respond to remotely monitored security systems that meet the requirements of the ACPO Policy. This policy includes remote signalling systems terminating at recognised Alarm Receiving Centres and Remote Video Response Centres.
Police Response Levels
There are two levels of police response as determined by the ACPO Policy:
- Level One – immediate response
- Level Three – response withdrawn.
Level Three occurs as a result of three false calls to the police for burglar alarms/personal attack alarms in a twelve-month period. Reinstatement can be achieved following identification of the cause of the false alarms; and appropriate remedial action having been taken.
It is very rare that our customers lose police response however; we will always work with you to give you the best chance of keeping response level one.
Compliance with the latest standards
All new systems must be installed to comply with the latest standards before police response can be obtained. The police will only respond to a confirmed activation on a newly installed system; this means the activation of two detectors within the confirmation period. This idea was introduced in 2002 to reduce the number of false alarms attended by the police.
Having a burglar alarm can act as a great deterrent in itself, but even with an audible alarm; that won’t always be enough to stop opportunists from entering your premises. If this happens, there’s no guarantee that someone will call for help; having a monitored alarm with security personnel ready, can make all the difference to the outcome.
No matter where your site is in the UK; or even if you have multiple sites that require looking after. Our trained security professionals can quickly respond to any alarm activation; heading directly to the premises to evaluate and remedy the situation.
Keyholder response – the benefits
Opting into a Keyholder response service can offer many additional benefits, such as:
- Full coverage – we can cover several sites across a wide area
- Minimise risk to your staff – our keyholders are trained; preferable to sending your own employees into a high-risk situation
- Compliance – our service ensures that your complaint, meaning that the police will attend
- Cheaper – cheaper than hiring security personnel
- Securing your site – our keyholder will arrange for any damage to be repaired; ensuring your site is re-secured as soon as possible
Identifying the perfect security solution for your business
Our security experts will happily visit your premises anywhere in the UK. We’ll assess your current security measures and put forward recommendations, or assist in the installation of a brand-new system if required.
By combining a security system with a dedicated keyholder response; you’ll have the peace of mind that your site is protected to the highest of standards. If you’d like more information about keyholding or any of our other services; please call us on 0113 281 2106 and we’ll get right back to you.